Saturday, April 25, 2009

cHoCoLaTe

The craving I have right now is really unnecessary. Besides the shoe thing... I have a chocolate thing. Whhhhy??? It came about very abruptly too if I may add! The scenario starts off with me watching a movie off this laptop while my special someone is taking a nap. Of course his noisy pager had to buzz... and off he went to tend to the sick... and here I stay with this CRAVING FOR CHOCOLATE!!! See... before the abrupt craving came along... I was given the option to leave from the moment that pager buzzed or wait for him to come back, most likely in a few hours. So I thought about it: I am feeling comfortable and it is raining outside... plus I have my GMAT books with me so why would I leave? I have this quiet room all to myself. Decision is made and he leaves. {{BAM!!! UMMM HEEELLLOOOO! CRAVING! CHOCOLATE!} It hits me just as fast as I shut that door and with such great force too! Here I am. No chocolate present. And my stomach will not stop demanding for it. Sheesh my brain is demanding it! So of course I needed to do a little bit of research on this sweet chocolate mystery and found the common answers: 1) There are over 300 chemicals in chocolate. 2) Phenylethylamine is a stimulant and stimulants increase the activity of neurotransmitters (such as serotonin) = we feel good. 3) Cultural habits... we link chocolate with love and euphoria. Well my reasons are this: 1) Mmm it tastes like heaven. 2) It melts in my mouth. 3) It is velvety smooth. AND... apparently it only takes about one ounce to get that optimal brain happiness which typically lasts for about 30 minutes or so. Can this be the explanation as to why some women prefer chocolate over sex? Interesting. Hmm... I am really content that finally the Psychology chapter about the brain, in which I studied all those brain diagrams with such determination, came in handy today. Now figuring out how I am going to get my brain on a chocolate high right now (but only an ounce since summer is around the corner) is another mystery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a craving for chocolate today and I induldged... GAWD, I'm a pig!