Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's a shoe thing....



Why are we so fascinated with shoes? I'm a 'running shoe.. flip/flop' kinda girl... but I too fall head over heels in love with beautiful shoes sitting so beautifully in a storefront window. It is almost as if my eyes lock contact with them... and a war begins between my wallet and my desire to have those shoes. I cannot quite understand how an object can take over my mind. I know I should not purchase another pair... but when they are so beautiful... it becomes very hard to resist. I wonder if men go through that? Not with shoes... but is there something that grasps them like that? You know... I do not like the stereotype that all women are the same and we are all crazy about shoes. I hate falling into those girlish stereotypes. And I hate admitting when I do. But my shoe fetish... I do not think it is stoppable. Fine... sometimes... usually... I say no because my wallet wins in the battle against my desires. But I will admit that there is always that one pair glowing in the window that is screaming at me "BUY ME" from time to time... and I will break down and buy that hot pair. I just do not understand why!?! This is beyond superficial. I need to gain control of this! Step one will be to admit it I guess. So here it goes: "Hi. I'm SoDaGiRl. And I am a shoeaholic."

No comments: